As I’m an architect by profession I do have a tendency to sketch a lot of buildings, but I still include a fair share of natural subjects in my sketchbooks. Here are some favourites.
I mainly sketch landscapes when I travel and as my sister lives in Scotland most of them are of Scottish Hills. Back home, my landscape sketching often occurs when I visit the Blue Mountains.
- Some early landscapes in Scotland 2010
- Early sketching trip to the Blue Mountains in 2009
- More recent Scottish landscapes from the Isle of Lewis
Sydney has many gorgeous beaches but I seem to sketch more beach scenes when I’m away on a trip to Port Macquarie or Scotland.
- Beaches on the Isles of Lewis and Harris: here and here
- Dominican Republic 2012
- Copacabana Beach Rio, Brazil 2014
- All tree articles
- Gum trees – new growth after a bushfire – my favourite Angophora trees
- Some green mixes for sketching trees!
- I also love sketching at the nearby Lane Cove National Park
This page will be added to over time, but I hope that you enjoy these articles as a starting point!