After deciding to abandon the 30×30 Direct Watercolour Challenge mid-month, this week I felt like doing another push. And so at the end of June, I’m happy to let you all know that I’ve completed 20 Baroque buildings and 10 teacups!
To achieve this I had to do 7 teacups in 4 days (during my morning and afternoon tea break) so these are probably the loosest teacup sketches I’ve done for a long time!
The final Baroque sketches in full
20. S. Maria Madalena in a wild colour scheme!
As for teacups…
I started the final push with a few difficult patterns and then decided that if I was going to fulfill my quota I would have to pick easier ones.
A few double page spreads
As you can see in these pages I abandoned the architectural studies of the last four Baroque buildings, but I still looked up each one in my architectural books and wrote a few notes/quotes down.
And just to finish here are the direct watercolour sketches done this month in two images…
As always it was so good to do this challenge and it’s given me a few ideas to explore further in the future.
If you did the challenge, I hope that you got a lot out of doing 30 direct watercolour sketches during June.