In addition to reviewing my sketchbooks for the past 12 months, I’ve also done a review of all the blogposts I’ve published in 2023.
So here is a collection of the top articles – the most visited/commented on.
It’s interesting to see how they relate to my sketching review.:-)
I know that you all love reading articles about paint colours and favourite mixes…
- Why I don’t use much Buff Titanium – and my favourite ‘building’ mixes
- Quinacridone Gold Comparisons
- New Roman Szmal Aquarius Colours 2023
I often get asked why I don’t use 100% cotton paper. This article explains my preference for Alpha sketchbooks:
Putting together my Teacups course and going through it with a cohort in June was definitely the highlight of the year.
It was fun to share a few non-sketching tea-related articles as part of my preparation for the launch of the course. Writing about my Great Aunty Ruby was very special and my teacup collection grew quite a bit this year!
- Why teacups are special: Personal memories
- Why teacups are special: The tea tastes better
- Two new vintage teacups
I’ve done a lot of local sketching on location this year (thanks to my morning sketch sessions and my Wednesday City outings). Here are a few articles with tips for urban sketching:
- Abstracting shapes and urban sketching
- Curved perspective
- A new method for working loosely and some more city sketching
Thanks to Faber Castell I’ve tried a lot of new supplies in 2023. Hmm, this list reminds me that I want to revisit the Pitt Matt Graphite in the new year!
- It’s fun to see what I was carrying around with me at the start of 2023: Way too much stuff!
- And how I ended the year: Using a water brush
- I also did a major upgrade to my Sketching Tools Section
- Finally… Something that is on my to-do list: How should I finish this page? and How should I finish this page: Some options – I haven’t finished that page yet!
I’m still finalising my 2024 sketching goals and I’ll share them next week (hmm… next year!)
Thanks to everyone who left a comment sharing their 2023 sketching reflections here – I love reading them all!