As I’m gearing up for a Live Version of my Watercolour course in the New Year I thought it would be fun to get an up-to-date list of common challenges that people face when sketching with watercolour.
Here are a few things I regularly hear from participants in my SketchingNow courses
- “I’m afraid to ruin my ink drawing by adding paint”
- “I don’t know how to control the water in my washes”
- “My watercolour sketches look flat, lifeless and overworked”
- “I don’t know how to mix the colours I want and always end up with muddy mixes”
- “I can’t decide on what colours to put in my palette”
The Watercolour course was designed to address these struggles!
But I would love to hear from you:
What are the biggest challenges you face when sketching with watercolour?
If you are reading this via email, please click on the article title link below and add a comment on my blog. Thanks!
Click here if you would prefer to comment on Instagram.