Wow! It’s been a massive task to scan and upload all these sketches so I thought it was important to celebrate the completion of this achievement with a summary post. So this one includes an index in chronological order of all my Big Trip 2010 posts and a few of my favourite sketches.
Trip prep articles
- Its official, its on, its started… Trip Prep 1 & 2
- Trip Prep 3: Art Supplies 1
- Trip Prep 4 & 5: Paint and Sketchbook Setout
- Trip Prep 6-8: Travel kettle, my folder and some wardrobe decisions
- Trip Prep 9: Random Sketch – Random Thoughts
- Trip Prep 10: Getting a sense of scale
- Trip Prep 11-12: Sketchbooks
- Trip Prep 13: Sketchbook Test
- Trip Prep 14: Tea Related
- Trip Prep 15: Here they are!!!
- Trip Prep 16: Tearoom Suggestions?
- Trip Prep 17: Putting my full art kit together
My Big Trip 2010 sketchbooks in full in two articles!
Individual articles for each of my destinations
- Two huge day trips from Seattle
- Urban Sketchers in Seattle Dinner
- Queen Marys Tearoom and other Seattle sketches
- Portland – the day before the symposium
- Urban Sketchers Symosium in Portland – Day 1
- Urban Sketchers Symposium in Portland – Day 2
- Urban Sketchers Symposium in Portland – Day 3
- Last (big) day in Portland
- Time in Kansas City
- New York sketches – Part 1
- New York sketches – Part 2
- Isle of Lewis
- Inverness and surrounds
- Isle of Skye
- Newcastle upon Tyne and some Vanbrugh
- Great Houses and great tearooms of England
- Blenheim Palace and a quick visit to Bath
- Cardiff and London
- Venice Part 1 (with Esther)
- Venice – Part 2 (with Esther)
- Bologna (with Esther)
- Rome – Part 1 (with Esther)
- Rome – Part 2 (back to solo sketching)
- Rome – Part 3
- Back home and back sketching Sydney
A few back home articles
A few favourite sketches
It’s so hard to do this, but here are the ones that stand out. Some of these have been chosen because of the main sketch on the page, and others are favourites because of the page layout.
Thank you so much for coming on the trip with me! It was an incredible journey on it’s own, but being able to share it with you all means so much to me!