- A two day workshop in Lucca at the end of the month(sold out),
- A workshop Urban Sketchers Symposium at the end of next month,
- Palladian Odyssey planning trip,
- Prep for SketchingNow Buildings.
The latter two are in the planning stage and I will be creating examples for both, as well as developing the teaching content while I am travelling. But the first two are happening soon and so I need them fully prepared – including my folder of examples and handouts.
Note: I am not taking the 50 handouts of the symposium workshop with me but will find somewhere in Manchester to print them out and the Palladio sketch is an example that I will explain in the workshop… and well, I just had to sneak a Palladio sketch into this post didn’t I?
It has been an incredible 6 months and I can hardly believe that I am at the end of what seemed impossible at the start of the year. I honestly didn’t know how I would get it all done, so I’m now feeling incredibly thankful that more or less I ticked everything off – to some degree!
So I just feel like making a list (with links to for more info) of some highlights:
- Writing a book – just finishing off a few last details with the publisher and hope to share more really soon.
- The big upgrade and re-design of my blog – this was a massive 3 month project and has been a game changer for me in many ways. Still much still to do in my archives but the new structure is working a treat!
- Re-launching SketchingNow Edges in a self-directed format – the content in this course is very special to me and it was great to make this available again. I will be starting the Exploring Edges series again when I can make it the focus.
- Sticking to a few regular features on my blog – Foundations Friday and my Last Week wrap-ups.
- Managing to maintain my publishing goal of 5-6 new articles a week throughout this busy period.
- Keeping up my regular morning cafe planning sessions and use of a paper planner which has been very instrumental in helping me to do.
- Announcing SketchingNow Buildings – this is what I have been building up to (pardon the pun) for the last 18 months. I didn’t get quite as much done before the trip as I’d hoped but I have got a fair bit chunk started – enough to be able to make the most of the clear thinking time I will have while travelling and sketching. I have reached the stage where I really want to start generating new sketches for the course! Yay – I’m so super excited about Buildings.
- Palladian Odyssey launched. Mike and I have been working on this for ages so exciting to think the location planning stage is just around the corner.
- Urban Sketchers Sydney Sketchmeet – massive thanks to Chris, Chantal and the USK SYD team for taking over the organisation of this great event and not allowing me to help out. They did an amazing job!
- A few sketching workshops in March in Melbourne and Sydney… which involved a very busy trip to Melbourne.
- Finishing up with the start of architects sketching workshops – something I have been longing to do for ages.
- And of course getting ready for my big 8 week trip and teaching at the USK symposium again!
So as you can see it’s been big!
Thanks so much to you for joining me on this incredible journey, and I look forward to sharing my next journey, the big Europe16 trip, with you!