I’m very excited to be a part of a new watercolour challenge for June by Marc Taro Holmes.
You can read the official announcement on Marc’s blog but here are his guidelines:
What is #30x30DirectWatercolor2018?
- PAINT 30 watercolors in 30 days, from June 1-30 2018.
- POST your paintings in our new Facebook group: <HERE
We’d like to centralize the discussion around this group, to spare our usual sketching clubs all the extra traffic this might create 🙂
- HASHTAG your work on any other social media (twitter, instagram) with the hashtag: #30x30DirectWatercolor2018.
This will help people find your work in the future. Here are some FAQs on how to use hashtags: FB | IG | Twitter.
- Any size, format or subject is ok. I personally hope to paint on location, but it’s going to depend on weather and the situation at home.
- I plan to paint in watercolor, working as directly as possible. But if you want to tint drawings, or add in some mixed media, we’re not going to be enforcing rules. I won’t however, have a lot of advice about techniques I’m not thinking about this month.
- Our goal is experiencing sustained daily practice. If it’s better for you to do seven paintings on the weekend instead of one a day, that’s totally ok. Same with posting progress. One a day makes a good story – but do what works for you.
- It’s also completely normal if you fail to make 30! Or to need a few extra days. Like any marathon, just participating is the first reward. Though I’m sure any of us can catch up with some super fast, super small sketches if we have to!
It’s also great to be an active member of Marc’s challenge along with a few friends. The links below will take you to their 30×30 profiles.
My agenda for June includes travelling for the entire month visiting three countries (if everything goes to plan). Sketching 30 watercolours in the month should be easy because I’m travelling, but achieving 30 ‘paint-only’ ones will require some effort.
Are you going to join in?