Some of you have been asking for a listing of my current pencils/watercolour pencils (WCPs) and while my selection is still in a state of flux, I will share that I currently have three favourite green pencils!
- Caran d’ache Museum 719 Dark Phthalo Green
- Derwent Inktense 1550 Spring Green
- Faber Castell Albrecht Durer 172 Earth Green
These are colours that I find essential for my Australian bush scenes. Most of the time I modify the colour of the WCP with paint rather than simply add water to it so I can achieve a great range from grey greens to brighter warmer greens.
- Derwent Coloursoft C460 Lime Green (this is a coloured pencil so I use it when I want to use it as a resist to my watercolour)
- Caran d’ache Museum 015 Olive Yellow
- Faber Castell Albrecht Durer167 Permanent Green (I also have this in the Polychromos range)
- Derwent Artist 42 Juniper Green (another coloured pencil)
As for some other colours I can’t do without (for tree trunks):
- Caran d’ache Museum 902 10% Sepia
- Caran d’ache Museum 808 French Grey
I ran out of room on my page for more swatches but I also love these colours in the Caran d’ache Museum range: Light Blue, Cassell Earth, Russet and Anthraquinoid Pink.
And oh! by the way, I’m still sketching bush scenes daily (Mon-Sat) and I’m still obsessed with using markers in my Greenwood. Last week I started using my Walkit sketching bag again for my walking kit and it’s working perfectly for me with all my pencils and markers. Note: my walking kit has a few different watercolour pencils… but that’s another story. 🙂
What green watercolour pencils or coloured pencils do you use regularly?
Please let me know in the comment section below – thanks!