I have been out and about all day today… it is not too different from one of my normal sketching Saturdays but I am in the mood for everything to be trip related. Trialed my new bag and it worked well.
A great day including some essential elements which formed MANY days when I travel
– meeting up with other sketchers (approx 20 from Sydney Sketch Club/ Urban Sketchers Sydney)
– sunlight, fresh air and a lot of walking
– complicated architecture sketch
– a visit to a tearoom, invaluable chill out time. Also, somewhat out of the way so extra effort required.
– end of the day unplanned sketch
– in a buzz after sketching a city icon that I love
– map page to be completed in the evening when I get back to my ‘room’
However, day I relaxed in the middle of the day, and managed to do most of the text during the day so had less to do in the evening than a ‘crazy’ day when I have sketches to finish, lots of notes etc etc!!
BTW, I am pretty happy that I got to sketch the opera house just before this trip. Last year sketching the Opera House on the day after I returned from my big one was very very special! This kinda ties the two together… the sketching journey continues whether you are at home or away…..
You are so totally prepared by the look of your sketches. Have a fab time and give us the goss as you travel. Hugs, Erin
Subscribe for first notification of workshop + online classes and more.