Two architecture sketches that I have done in the last week – just for me!
A white house at the top of the hill at Cockatoo Island and St Thomas Church North Sydney.
I am having fun ….
– using a sailor 55degree calligraphy pen instead of a Lamy with EF nib
– using a small dagger brush instead of a #8 round brush
– very loose application of paint
– First sketch – I was exploring how to achieve a nice wash for the shady side of the white building
– Second sketch – doing a few quick analysis sketches first to free myself up for the real sketch.
– a little bit of scraping of paint with a plastic card and letting the watercolour pigment do its own thing on the page!
This will be my last post for this year as I am booked to leave for a trip on Monday….so….
Thanks for following along this year and I hope to have some more regular features in 2014.
Hope you all have a wonderful ‘festive season’