Very excited to also announce a two day workshop in Melbourne in September.
Two day workshop Thursday 19 - Friday 20 September 2013
Botanical Art School of Melbourne
1A Shipley Street South Yarra Melbourne
Cost: $220 inc GST
For Registration contact: Me or Helen Lovett (email addresses above)
Sketching changes the everyday to the memorable.
Once you take the time to pause and observe, the recording of that particular time and place with your own unique marks makes it yours! This act of capturing the moment on paper can become very addictive once you realise that it is creating amazing moments as well.
During this two day workshop, I want to share with you why and how I get such a creative buzz out of sketching on location. The aim is to inspire you to begin, or continue, on your very own creative journey – with sketchbook in hand to explore the world around you.
We will explore essential techniques for sketching on location, including:
- the importance of trusting your own responses and being committed to learning to see better
- basic techniques for line and wash - how to use the lines to describe edges and strategies for applying colour.
- experimental approaches to line and wash – using water soluble lines and bold washes of colour
- how to tell a story and create a strong focus
- choosing subject matter that inspires you and composing it on the page