I know I use the phrase “I am super excited” a lot… but seriously this is BIG, really big for me.
After laying the Foundations (ways of seeing, how to sight measure and ways to start sketching on location) and looking at different ways of treating Edges, I am now ready to focus in on the topic that I am most passionate about:
empowering people to have fun sketching architecture!
When you attempt to sketch a complex building:
- Are you unsure where to start?
- Do your angles always look wrong?
- Does your finished sketch look like a cardboard box?
- If you add colour, does it turn out too heavy and flat?
I am designing SketchingNow Buildings to address those challenges and without the need for technical perspective! (Note: Perspective needs a course of its own.)
SketchingNow Buildings will provide strategies for sketching accurately as well as more loosely.
The course will be run as a weekly course (with lots of interaction from me) at the beginning of September and will consist of 4 lessons and 2 Review weeks – a bit more information is available over on my SketchingNow site. I only offer my SketchingNow courses once in this interactive way – so this will be a ‘never-to-be-repeated’ event.
Full details will be coming in August but I am telling you now because:
- I just can’t keep quiet about it any longer. I have had this scheduled for over 12 months and now that my book is in the final stages I can start preparing the written content and filming on-locations demos. It will be practically impossible for me to hide the fact that I am working on it from you! Though I will not be giving away the content – just teasing you with some behind the scenes stuff.
- If you are interested in doing this course but don’t know what I mean by Feeling Edges, Abstracting Shapes and Constructing Volumes or how to sight measure or have never sketched out on location, I recommend you work through my Foundations course first as I will be assuming all of that knowledge for Buildings – so we can really focus in on the good stuff! Foundations is a 12 lesson course so if you start now you will be ready to get the most out of SketchingNow Buildings in September.
- I want people to know it is coming… and to write it in their diaries. The interactive version of my SketchingNow courses is SO much fun – I really feel a strong connection with all the people doing the course, and with the inclusion of two Review Weeks this time, I will have even more interaction with everyone who enrolls. And, even more importantly, there is an incredible buzz within a SketchingNow group created when everyone does the exercises at the same time! So please share this page with anyone whom you think will be interested.
But, the biggest reason to tell you now is because I want to hear from you, to hear about your struggles with drawing buildings, so that I can incorporate them into the course material. The more feedback I get the more I will be able to ensure that this course is what YOU need it to be.
So please leave a comment below, or send me a message privately – I really want to hear from you!
To keep up to date with all SketchingNow announcements including a special subscribers only earlybird discount when registration of SketchingNow Building opens, please sign up for my monthly newsletter – if you are not already receiving it!