The most popular articles for 2017 (in terms of the number of views) are as follows.
- My 2017 watercolour palette
- My basic 12 colour palette (updated for Watercolour course)
- Getting things done, deep work and bullet journals
- One week 100 people challenge
- My travel Sketching Kit and Workshop stuff
- My new favourite daily sketchbook
- Sketching People: My Strategy – hurray! the first article about sketching
- Foundations Friday 2017: Lesson 1 – Knowing (and loving) your materials – although about materials, this article does contain some sketches of mine
- French Ultramarine vs Ultramarine Blue
I’m not suprised that the most viewed articles are about materials, as I have known for a long time that people are obssessed with buying new art supplies.
The articles that mean the most to me in 2017 are a little different.
I love doing my trip reflections articles. This year I had 4 trips so I had lots to reflect on!
- New Zealand Trip: 7 reflections from our sketching adventure
- Europe17: Seven Reflections from my Italy & Scotland trip
- Seven Reflections from my Chicago/Montreal Trip
- Five reflections from my CA-TX trip
A summary of my big breakthrough with sketching people.
- Sketching People Part 1: This year’s progress
- Sketching People Part 2: My breakthrough
- Sketching People Part 3: Advice
Reports of three super fun workshops which I taught. I’m always suprised by the work done.
- Lost and Found Structure: USK Chicago Workshop and Handout
- Palladian Odyssey Tour 1
- Palladian Odyssey Tour 2
A big day for me (and I was so touched my all the nice comments!)
Just for fun
Two articles which were a challenge to write. The first because of the tough times I was going through – I was blown away by the supportive comments. The second because I felt a bit self-conscious about the experience!
And if you missed it… my big end of year article.