Not surprisingly I have ‘a few’ tea- related presents!!! I started with the intention of simply sketching the lovely teapot given to me by Cris from Spain who I met in Lisbon (sadly had VERY little time with her then... BTW Thanks again Cris...I still can’t get over this gift!!!) and then I realised other things in the picture are gifts too – the wonderful tea cosy from Cathy Gatland, the gold and pink tea cup (mysterious Xmas present!) , the tea and of course the paint set (a gift to myself!!) Just for the record I have more tea related presents than these!!!
A number of thoughts...
- I seem to be in the mood for no ink to my sketches...this is radical for in-love-with-my-lamy-Liz that I am!
- I am spent a lot more time painting this page than I normally do and ... am well and truly in great risk of over doing it and achieving a murk!
- Using a 2B pencil... WOW! So out of character! (in recent years if I used a pencil it would be a wax pencil so no smudge... I hate smudge!!)
- I normally map out very quickly the outline/composition with my red pencil and then ‘properly’ sketch with ink...so I am finding it quite strange with a pencil only. I am carelessly doing the rough outlines and then realising that I should have been more careful as it is JUST the pencil this time.
- I am also in the mood for turning my book sideways...something I used to not want to do at all as it disrupts the flow when flicking through the book. Now I love the fact that I am forced to turn the page.
- Using pencil only for the sketch is causing my real grief when it comes to notes... It is wrong to use black ink. But I hate writing in pencil. This was a grey pitt pen...maybe I need to fill up a pen with Lexington Grey ink.
I am not sure that this makes sense... (as I said in my notes yesterday, I have realised that I write these primarily for myself as a record of the conversation I was having with myself at the time!)
See what a break from blogging does... I go into extreme rambling mood...so maybe there is a bit of an addiction there!!!