I have been out and about all day today... it is not too different from one of my normal sketching Saturdays but I am in the mood for everything to be trip related. Trialed my new bag and it worked well.
A great day including some essential elements which formed MANY days when I travel
- meeting up with other sketchers (approx 20 from Sydney Sketch Club/ Urban Sketchers Sydney)
- sunlight, fresh air and a lot of walking
- complicated architecture sketch
- a visit to a tearoom, invaluable chill out time. Also, somewhat out of the way so extra effort required.
- end of the day unplanned sketch
- in a buzz after sketching a city icon that I love
- map page to be completed in the evening when I get back to my 'room'
However, day I relaxed in the middle of the day, and managed to do most of the text during the day so had less to do in the evening than a 'crazy' day when I have sketches to finish, lots of notes etc etc!!
BTW, I am pretty happy that I got to sketch the opera house just before this trip. Last year sketching the Opera House on the day after I returned from my big one was very very special! This kinda ties the two together... the sketching journey continues whether you are at home or away.....