I decided to force myself to have a break from blogging/posting online for 2 weeks but I have only lasted 10 days. I have been extremely busy so I thought posting was the obvious thing to drop out..but I was still sketching…as you can see!
A few thoughts
– I have proved to myself that I am not totally addicted to posting or to receiving comments. I love doing both but I happily lived without it.(turning my computer off totally for 2 weeks would be another thing totally!!!)
– I sketch whether I post or not…ie. I do not sketch to blog about it. I sketch for myself.
– the problem with not blogging is the catch up… Of course I don’t need to post everything I do (and I don’t) but I do really use my flickr account as a catalogue of my life and sketches.
– in these 10 quiet days exciting things happened (or more exactly exciting things arrived in the mail for me) that I just have to share!!!
But the big thing …..
– What I did really miss is recording the story behind my sketches. SO many things go through my head or happen to me when I sketch that can’t be recorded in my sketchbook. When I blog regularly these extras are recorded in my rambling notes. It is important aspect of Liz the Recorder (if you missed the significance of this check out this linkhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/borrominibear/6966534081/ )
Whilst I am doing it publicly and there are people that read it… It is primarily most important to me. Last night I went through all the sketches that I did during Kate Johnsons watercolour pencil class in 2009. I was surprised how much I wrote about each sketch, the process, what worked, what didn’t. I found this amazingly helpful to go back to read.(link below) I think I should do this more often…more helpful for others and for me too!
Ok.. That is enough from me for tonight. I will post these pages separately over the next few days… And as you can see I AM doing Every Day in May again…